4.19.2013

Wordless[ish] Weekends

I tried something new this past weekend, and to be honest, it was pretty amazing. I went AWOL. Off the grid. Totally unplugged. No work, no editing, no emails, no sessions, no social media (well, almost...a little IG here and there - but thats it!) Allweekendlong. And it was glorious. Two days of nothing but BEING with my kids. Undistracted. I toted the big camera along to capture our weekend, which is something I rarely do these days due to the simplicity and convenience of the iPhone. Basically, I've gotten spoiled and lazy.  I can't tell you how refreshing it was to shoot for myself. Our day in and day out, our memories. Remembering why I fell in love with this industry in the first place. We didn't do anything crazy - besides the normal crazy that is our day to day life - a little softball opening day, lots of outdoor play enjoying the gorgeous weather (can I get a amen!) some potty training here and there, and just hanging out. But these are moments with my kids that I preserved because I was there. Undistracted. So I made a vow to my husband and my children that I will choose one weekend a month to unplug. It will be hard, especially during those busy months where I feel the need to stay on top of everything every second of the day, but it will be so worth it. They are so worth it. The time spent together is so worth it. And as a bonus, I'll be blogging our Wordless[ish] Weekends so you guys can keep up and see what we've been up to at home. Enjoy!


and Lexi girl, because she deserves to be in the post too although her weekends are spent
running from Jace who terrorizes and wrestles her from sun up to sun down : )